VIKALP form 1.11.2015 : Introduction of Alternate Trains Accommodation Scheme (ATAS)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 13.10.2015
The Managing Director,
CRIS, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
Sub: Introduction of Alternate Trains Accommodation Scheme (ATAS)
Ref: CRIS’ letters dated 10.04.2015, 13.05.2015,. 10.09.2015 & 22.09.2015.
Please refer to CRIS letters referred to above and discussion held during the meeting held at CRIS on 08.10.2015.
2. It is desired that the Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme(ATAS) may be introduced under the name “VIKALP” w.e.f. 01.11.2015 as per the scheme proposed by CRIS except for the following revised features:-
(i) For the present, this scheme may be implemented only across Mail/Express trains of same category and for minor difference, if any, no extra charges shall be taken from passengers or any refund shall be provided for difference of fare.
(ii) Instead of same .originating/destination station, the passenger can be considered for shifting to a train leaving from any station amongst the cluster of stations defined by the zonal Railway based on the convenience of the passengers to a station serving the destination station on the same analogy.
(iii) In normal circumstances the booking in all the trains including special as well as main trains should be opened for booking on first come first served basis and passengers should be shifted against the vacant accommodation available in the alternate train. Earmarking of separate accommodation for ATAS will defeat the purpose of introduction of scheme which was to ensure optimal utilisation of available accommodation in all the trains.
Director Passenger Marketing
- Increases RAC Berths To Allow More Passenger To Travel On Board Trains
- New Ticket Confirmation Process in Railways
- Advance reservation period for booking reserved accommodation is 60 days excluding the day of journey
- Cancellation of trains – Information through SMS to passengers
- Advance Booking of Reserved Train Tickets