Clarification on Transport Allowance to Railway Employees
Transport Allowance to Railway Employees availing concessional Season Ticket/Suburban passes – Clarification (RBE No. 34/2019)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
S.No. PC-VII/ 129
RBE No. 34 /2019
New Delhi, dated 22-02-2019
All Indian Railways and PUs.
Sub: Grant of Transport Allowance to Railway Employees availing concessional Season Ticket/Suburban passes.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. PC-V/97/l/7/12 (Pt.4) dated 27-9-1999 (RBE No. 242/99)
References have been received from a few Railways seeking clarification regarding grant of Transport Allowance to Railway employees availing Concessional Season Ticket/Suburban passes.
In this regard it ts stated that there is no change in the instructions contained in Board’s letters dated 12-9-2008 (RBE No.111/2008), 23-01-2009 (RBE No. 16/2009) and 03-8-2017 (RBE No. 84/2017). These orders do not prohibit payment of Transport Allowance to Railway employees availing Concessional Season Tickets/Suburban passes.
2. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate.
3. Hindi version is enclosed.
Deputy Director, Pay Commission-V
- Grant of Transport Allowance at double the normal rates to deaf and dumb employees of Railways
- 7th CPC Charge Allowance – Railway Board Orders
- 7th CPC PCO Allowance to JEs and SSEs – Railway Board Orders
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway employees – NFIR
- Grant of OTA to Railway Employees Consequent upon Revision of Pay Scales and Allowances