No. S. 14025/19/2015-MS
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhagavan, New Delhi
Dated : 27th May, 2015.
Subject: Revision of time limit for submission of final claims reimbursement of medical expenses under CS(MA) rules, 1944 – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to OM No. F. 29-40/68-MA dated 15.10.1968 in which it was laid down that submission of final claims for reimbursement of medical expenses of Central Government servants in respect of a particular spell of illness should ordinarily be preferred within 3 months from the date of completion of treatment.
2. A representation was received from National Council (Staff Side) to extend the time limit for submission of such medical bills from 3 months to 6 months. The matter was examined in the Ministry and it has been decided that the period of 3 month s for submission of medical claims be revised to 6 months. Henceforth, only the cases in which the bills are submitted after 6 months from the date of completion of medical treatment/discharge of the patient from the hospital are required to be taken up for condonation. The power of condonation of such delays and other terms and conditions woukld be same as enumerated in the OM No.S.14025/8/99/-MS dated 25.05.1999.
3. The issue with the approval of the competent authority.
(Sunil Kumar Gupta)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Source : mohfw.nic.in
- Payment and Re-imbursement of Medical expenses under ECHS
- Reimbursement for CGHS Beneficiaries for Treatment in Non Empanelled Hospitals
- Facilities available under CGHS
- Reimbursement of Medical Claims to Pensioners under CS (MA) Rules
- Reimbursement of Medical Claims to Pensioners under CS(MA) Rules 1944 as directed by various CATs and Courts