One Rank One Pension to retired/serving personnel of CAPF
One Rank One Pension
As per report received from the Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO), Ministry of Finance, total number of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assam Rifles (AR) pensioners are 3,28,010 and the pension expenditure as disbursed by Banks for the period 01/04/2014 to 31/03/2015 is Rs.4317.38 crore.
The posted strength of CAPFs and AR as on 01/11/2015 is 8,94,616 (AR-67,018, BSF-2,48,799, CRPF-2,89,182, CISF-1,29,468, ITBP-81,747 & SSB-78,402).
The Government has received representations for implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme from the retired/serving personnel of CAPF and broadly seeking parity with the Defence Forces in the matter of pension. As per records available, the Supreme Court has not issued any directive in this regard. Representations from in-service or retired personnel of CAPF & AR received from the time to time, are examined on merit and appropriate decision taken.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju in a written reply to question by Shri Chhedi Paswan, Shri Vinayak Bhaurao Raut, Dr. Shrikant Eknath Shinde, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel, Shri Rahul Shewale and Mohammed Faizal in the Lok Sabha today.
Source: PIB News
- CSD Canteen facilities for working and retired personnel of CAPF
- Para Military Service Pay to Central Armed Police Force at par with Army has been referred to the 7th Pay Commission
- Para Military Service pay only under consideration not OROP – Minister said in Parliament
- MHA approves entitlement of air travel to all personnel of CAPFs
- Long pending demand on retirement age of CAPF is fulfilled