LTC advance – 65 days before the proposed date of outward journey
Period for applying LTC advance
A Government servant can draw the Leave Travel Concession advance 65 days before the proposed date of outward journey.
Indian Railways has fixed the advance reservation period as 120 days excluding the date of journey w.e.f. 01.04.2015 for all long distance mail/express trains as well as Shatabdi Express trains.
The issue of any change in instructions relating to drawal of advance for LTC has to be decided keeping in view all factors including changes made by the Railways, as well as financial implications.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Kiranmay Nanda in the Rajya Sabha today.
- DOPT : Revision of time limit for drawal of advance for the purpose of LTC journey by train
- Advance Booking of Reserved Train Tickets
- Advance reservation period for booking reserved accommodation is 60 days excluding the day of journey
- Revision of Advance Reservation Period – Railway Board Order
- Train Time Table 2015-16 : Trains at Glance 2015-16 effective from October 2015