Instructions on booking of tickets from an agency other than the authorized Travel agents
Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Raod, Palam, Delhi Cantt-110010
Dated : 27/06/2017
Sub: Instructions on booking of tickets from an agency other than the authorized Travel agents
Attention is invited to references received from various controllers on the above subject. In this connection, please refer to Ministry of Finance, Deptt of Expenditure 0M No.19024/1/2009-E-IV dated 16.09.2010 reiterating guidelines on Air Travel on TOUR/LTC circulated vide this HQrs office circular bearing No.AN/XIV/VIth CPC/Circu1ar/Vol-IV dated 16/09/2010 and No.AN/XIV/14162/TA/DA/LTC dated 24.08.2011 & dated 23.01.2012, wherein it was requested to give wide publicity to the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Finance, Deptt of Expenditure concerning air travel and booking of air tickets only from authorized travel agents by Officers/Staff of the Defence Accounts Department.
2. Inspite of repeated instructions/important circulars is sued by this HQrs office on the above matter, some cases are still being received in this HQrs offce for clarification/relaxation on admissibility of TA/DA/LTC claims, on journeys performed by Air India/Private airlines by officers on Tour/LTC by purchasing air tickets through private travel agent i.e other than authorized travel agents viz. M/S Balmer Lawrie & Company, M/S Ashok Travels and Tours, IRCTC in violation of the guidelines laid down in Ministry of Finance, Deptt of Expenditure; 0M dated 16/09/2010 and also instruction issued on 09.07.2013 and 19.06.2014.
3. This has been viewed very seriously by the Competent Authority and once reiterated that in terms of the provisions contained in MOF, Deptt of Expenditure 0M dated 16/09/2010 and dated 09.07.2013 & 19.06.2014, air tickets may be purchased directly from authorized Airlines (at Booking Counters/ Website of Airlines) or by utilizing the services of authorized Travel Agents viz M/S Balmer Lawrie & Company, M/s Ashok Travels and Tours & IRCTC.
4. The contents of this important circular may please be given wide publicity and brought to the notice of all concerned serving under your office/organization. It is further directed that all cases of air travel where the guidelines issued by MoF, Deptt of Expenditure have not been followed, are to be disallowed at your end without any reference being made to this HQrs Office.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
- Clarification for booking of air-tickets on LTC – Dopt issued on 23.9.2015
- Procedure for booking of air-tickets on LTC- Clarification issued by Dopt
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tours – Purchase of air ticket from authorized agent
- Non Entitled Staff Travelling by Air on LTC – Claiming Train Fare – Dopt Orders on 21.8.2017
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Government Expenses-Purchase of Tickets from Authorised Agent