Grant of Special Casual Leave for the purpose of blood donation – DoPT
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Old JNU Campus, New Delhi 110 067
Subject: Grant of Special Casual Leave for the purpose of blood donation – reg.
The undersinged is directed to refer to the provisions of this Department’s O.M. dated 8.10.1956, which provides for grant of Special Casual Leave to a Government servant who donates blood on that day.
2. In this regard, it is noted that presently this rule applies only to whole blood donation and does not cover apheresis donation. It is felt that the rule should cover apheresis donation as well since it will have the added advantage of getting blood components like platelets, plasma etc.
3. In view of the above, it has now been decided that Special Casual Leave may be granted for blood donation or for apheresis (blood components such as cells, plasma, platelets etc.,)donation at licensed Blood Banks on a working day (for that day only) up to a maximum of 4 times in a year on submission of valid prood of donation.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- Special Casual Leave for Blood Donation – DoPT Orders
- Dopt arrange Blood Donation Camp on 22.6.2015
- CEA, CCL, SCL – Views of Indian Audit & Accounts Department
- Special Casual Leave will be granted to those employees who attended office on Strike Day (2.09.2015) – WB Orders
- Leave Entitlement of Casual Labourers with temporary status