FAQ for Pensioners Regarding Digital Life Certificate (DLC)
Frequently asked questions for Pensioners regarding Jeevan Pramaan / Digital Life Certificate (DLC)
What is Jeevan Pramaan/Digital Life Certificate (DLC) ?
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled Aadhaar-based Digital Life Certificate for pensioners. Jeevan Pramaan i.e DLC is generated for individual pensioner using his/her Aadhaar number and Biometrics.
How is this different from traditional Life Certificate issued by Govt Officers/ Agencies?
For Jeevan Pramaan (DLC) the pensioner is not required to present himself/ herself personally before the Pension Disbursing Officer. DLC does not have to be submitted physically to the Pension Disbursing Agency ( Bank/Post Office etc ) as it is available to them digitally and. is automatically processed by the Pension Disbursing Agency. Also each DLC has a unique id called the Pramaan-Id.
Is the Pramaan ID / Jeevan Pramaan i.e DLC valid for life ?
The Pramaan ID/Jeevan Pramaan is not valid for life. The validity period of the certificate is as per rules specified by the Pension Sanctioning Authority. Once the validity period is over a new JeevanPramaan Certificate i.e a new Pramaan Id needs to be obtained.
Who is eligible for Jeevan Pramaan i.e Digital Life Certificate ?
A pensioner whose Pension Sanctioning Authority (PSA) is onboarded on to JeevanPramaan is eligible for Jeevan Pramaan. List of onboarded PSA, can be found under ‘Circulars’ tab on the https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal.
From where can I obtain a JeevanPramaan i.e Digital Life Certificate
You can obtain a DLC from
1. various Citizen Service Centre (CSC ) located across India
2. office of Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDA) such as Post Office, Banks, Treasury etc
3. It can also be generated from home/any location on a Windows PC/Laptop( ver 7 & above) or Android Mobile ( KitKat & above ), for more details click here
What is required, if I want to generate DLC on my PC/Laptop/Mobile
1. A STQC certified Biometric Device is required.
2. ‘RD Service’ of the Biometric Device being used should be installed on the PC/Laptop/mobile.
3. The ‘JeevanPramaan Application’ has to be installed on your PC/mobile. It can be downloaded from the ‘Download’ tab from https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal.
4. An Internet Connection is required.
How can I find a Citizen Service Centre (CSC) ?
You can search nearest CSC by clicking on ‘Locate a Centre’ on https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal or alternately you can send SMS to 7738299899. The SMS body must start with keyword “JPL” and after space write your pin-code. e.g. JPL 110003 and send it to 7738299899.
What information is required to be provided by a pensioner to generate the Jeevan Pramaan?
The Pensioner has to provide Aadhaar Number, Name, Mobile Number and self declared Pension Related Information like PPO Number, Pension Account number, Bank details, Name of Pension Sanctioning Authority, Pension Disbursing Authority, etc. The pensioner has to also provide his/her biometrics either Iris or Fingerprint. Note : Incorrect information may lead to rejection of the DLC by the authorities.
What is the procedure for generating a JeevanPramaan from a CSC/office of PDA?
1. Pensioner visits a CSC or office of PDA
2. He/She provides the required information to the operator. The operator feeds/enters this information into the system i.e JeevanPramaan Application
3.The pensioner has to then provide his/her biometrics by placing his/her finger on the finger print scanner or eye in front of the Iris scanner.
4. On successful aadhaar based biometric authentication, JeevanPramaan is generated with a unique id called Pramaan Id.
5. An acknowledgement message quoting the Pramaan Id is sent as an SMS to the mobile number provided by the pensioner.
Note – The JeevanPramaan/DLC thus generated is subject to approval of the Pension Sanctioning/Disbursing Authority as provided by the pensioner.
Do I have to submit the Jeevan Pramaan i.e DLC to my bank/post office etc?
No, You do not have to submit the DLC to the bank/post office/pension disbursing agency. The DLC is automatically available to them electronically.
Can I get my Digital Life Certificate i.e JeevanPramaan downloaded online, after it is generated?
Yes, once your praman-id is generated, you can download the Digital Life Certificate by following the link https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/ppouser/login.
How can I know the status of my Digital Life Certificate, whether it has been accepted/rejected ?
You need to download the DLC from the https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal to know the status.
I have received SMS on my mobile that my JeevaanPramaan is rejected, what should I do?
Contact your Pension Disbursing Agency. JeevanPramaan is rejected in case wrong particulars are provided by pensioner while generating the DLC. It is recommended that a new JeevanPramaan i.e Pramaan-ID be generated by providing all correct information and biometrics.
Is Electronic Jeevan Pramaan i.e DLC a must for the pensioner?
JeevanPramaan i.e DLC is an add on facility to the already existing ways of submission of Life Certificate.
What is the procedure for getting Aadhaar Number?
Contact nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre in your city for getting a Aadhaar Number. You can find permanent Aadhaar Enrolment Centres from UIDAI website https://appointments.uidai.gov.in
Is this certificate valid?
Yes, Digital Life Certificate is a valid certificate and recognized under the IT Act. The system benefits the pensioner from having to go before the Pension disbursing Authority to prove that he/she is alive.
- FAQ for Central Civil Services – Jeevan Pramaan
- Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
- Aadhaar based Digital Life Certification system for Pensioners – Jeevan Pramaan
- Enrolment for Aadhaar numbers and seeding in service records of all employees
- What is Digital Life Certificate (JEEVAN PRAMAAN) and its Procedure?