Facility for self-Printing of CGHS cards from CGHS website
VALIDITY OF SELF PRINTED CARD – INSTRUCTIONS TO HCOs
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110011
Dated: 31st March, 2016
Subject: Self-Printing of CGHS Card
Kindly refer to the above subject.
2. This is to intimate that a facility for self-Printing of CGHS cards from CGHS website (cghs.nic.in) has been launched by the Hon’ble Union Health Minister on 29th March, 2016. This facility, which is available only to those beneficiaries who are already a part of the CGHS, will prove to be useful in various situations.
3. The basic purpose of this reference is to highlight that a card self-printed by the beneficiary stands on the same footing as one printed and issued by the CGHS itself. Software has been designed to ensure that the self-printed card will be of the same colour as the card issued by the CGHS. Therefore, all the staff working in your Hospital/Clinic/diagnostic Centre may be sensitized to ensure that there is no harassment to a beneficiary carrying a self-printed card. In case of any doubts. the particulars on the self-printed card may be compared with the CGHS database already available on CGHS website. Such instances should however be rare.
- Procedure of Printing of CGHS Cards by CGHS Beneficiaries – CGHS Orders on 31.3.2016
- Linking of CGHS Card number with Aadhaar is purely on a voluntary basis
- Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to Pensioners – NFIR writes to Railway Board
- FAQ for Central Civil Services – Identity Card
- How to Print CGHS Card Online? and How to update Mobile and Aadhaar?