Extension of CGHS facilities to the pensioners of post and Telegraph Department
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi 110011
Dated the 19th July, 2017
Subject:- Extension of CGHS facilities to the pensioners of post and Telegraph Department
With reference to the above mentioned subject the undersigned is directed to draw attention the Memorandum No.S-11011/46/95-CGHS D-II/CGHS(P) dated 1st August 1996 and state it has now been decided to revoke OM dated 1.8.1996, in compliance of the Orders of Hon’ble Central Administrative Tribunal, Ernakulam Bench dated 12th July 2005 in O.A.N0. 563/2004 and 590/2004 and dated 01.06.2017 in C.P/180/21/2017 arising aut of OA No.180/563/2004 between Central Government Pensioners’ Association (Kerala) and Ors. Vs UOI & Others.
2. The retired employees of Post and Telegraph Department shall hereinafter, be entitled to the CGHS facility, irrespective of whether they were members of CGHS prior to retirement or not, subject to the payment Of prevalent subscription for availing themselves of this facility as per rules as in the case of other Central Government pensioners.
3. This issues with the apploval of the Competent Authority.
(Sunil Kumar Gupta)
Under Secretary to Government of India
- Extension CGHS facilities to P&T pensioners
- Reimbursement of Medical Claims to Pensioners under CS(MA) Rules 1944 as directed by various CATs and Courts
- Reimbursement of Medical Claims to Pensioners under CS (MA) Rules
- CGHS Facilities to Retired KV Employees
- Credit Basis for Treatment under Emergency – CGHS