7th CPC Increment: Today Increment Day for CG Employees
7th Pay Commission Increment: Increment Day for Central Government Employees on 1.7.2019
After implementation of 7th Pay Commission, all group of Central Government employees are getting an annual increment on 1st January or 1st July of every year. Most of the employees are getting an annual increment 1st July of every year. So, today Increment Day for Central Government Employees.
The Central Govt has decided to implement the two date option with effect from 1.1.2016 as per 7th CPC recommendations. Before that, only one date (1st July of every year) for annual increment in the regime of 6th Pay Commission.
Calculation of Annual Increment
The rate of Annual Increment is 3% of Basic Pay (Matrix Pay). However, there is no calculation of 3% of basic pay. All we know the 7th Pay Commission designed and recommended the Pay Matrix Table for all group of CG Employees. From the table itself, we could see the next basic pay with annual increment. Let’s explain with an illustration…
In case of an employee is in the basic pay of Rs.33,300 in Level 4. When he gets an annual increment on 1st July 2019, he will just move one stage down (next cell of the same pay matrix level) in the same level. Hence after increment, his pay will be Rs.34,300
- 7th CPC Increment Calculator for Central Govt Employees
- Why 3% Annual Increment is not maintained uniformly in Pay Matrix ?
- 1st July of every year – ‘Increment Day’ for Central Government employees
- Calculation of annual increment for Central Government employees as per 6th CPC..?
- Increment issues – Why is Annual Increment denied to employees retiring in June?