Yoga Day 21.6.2015 (Sunday) : No Compulsory Attendance for CG Employees
Celebration of International Yoga Day on 21st June, 2015 : Last year, on October 2, which is a national holiday, all the Central Government employees were made to come to work in order to participate in the Swachh Bharat campaign, launched by Modi.
But this time, invitation issued for only higher officials to participate in the function of Mass Yoga Demonstration at New Delhi on 21.6.2015 (Sunday).
Minister for AYUSH Shripad Naik said that there were some opposition by some bodies or individuals on two issues – ‘surya namaskar’ and pronouncing ‘Om’ during the beginning of the event.
We have not made it compulsory. Those who want to say om can do it. Those who do not want to, if they want to take the name of their own god, they can take that. There is no compulsion,”.
- International Yoga Day can be declared public holiday: AYUSH ministry
- Yoga made compulsory in Central Government Schools
- Ministry of Railways Observes The International Day of Yoga
- Mass Yoga Demonstration on 21.06.2015 (Sunday) at Rajpath New Delhi
- No public holiday on International Yoga Day; yoga voluntary for govt employees