Travel by Premium Trains on Official Duty/Tour/Training/Transfer etc.- Clarification from Finmin
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated the 22nd April, 2015.
References have been received in this Department seeking clarification regarding entitlement of Central Government servants to travel by “Premium Trains”, being run by the Indian Railways, while on Official Duty/Tour/Training/Transfer etc.
It is clarified that travel by Premium Trains by Central Government servants on Official Duty/ Tour/Traininv/Transfer etc. is not allowed and therefore, the fare charged for Premium Trains by the Indian Railways for the journey performed by Premium Trains shall not be reimbursable. In cases where journey on Official Duty/Tour/Training/Transfer etc. has already been performed by Premium Trains, the amount reimbursed shall be restricted to the admissible normal fare for the entitled class of train travel or the actual fare paid, whichever is less.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Authority : www.finmin.gov.in (Ministry of Finance)
- Travel by Premium Trains on LTC, Official Duty, Tour, Training, Transfer – Clarification orders issued by PCAFYS
- Travel entitlements for the purpose of LTC post 7th CPC – DoPT Orders 19.9.2017
- TA/DA Entitlements to Defence Personnel
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel concession) Rules, 1988-Admissibility of catering charges in respect of rail journey performed on LTC
- Air Fare for Children Below the Age of 5 years – Travel by Air on LTC