DMK President M Karunanidhi Passes Away
DMK Chief and former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi passed away this evening in Chennai.
The TN State Government has declared a public holiday on 8th August, 2018. Government Offices including Schools and Colleges to remain closed on 8.8.2018 (Wednesday).
President Ram Nath Kovind said in a message that he is extremely sad to learn about M Karunanidhi’ death.
Mr Kovind termed Mr Karunaidhi as a doyen of public life, a contributor to the development of Tamil Nadu and of India.
Vice President Venkaiya Naidu described Karunanidhi as one of theleading and longstanding politicians of the country who left a mark of his ownduring his long public life of about 80 years.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his message said the country has lost adeep-rooted mass leader, prolific thinker, accomplished writer and a stalwartwhose life was devoted to the welfare of the poor and the marginalised.
Mr Modi said he stood for regional aspirations as well as nationalprogress and he was steadfastly committed to the welfare of Tamils and ensuredthat Tamil Nadu’s voice was effectively heard.
The Prime Minister said his thoughts are with the family and the countless supporters of Karunanidhi in this hour of grief. He said country and particularly Tamil Nadu will miss him immensely.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will travel to Chennai tomorrow morning today his last respects to Kalaignar Karunanidhi.
- Karunanidhi Death: What about Central Govt Offices (8.8.2018) in Tamil Nadu?
- Holidays – Public Holiday – General Elections to Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly 2016 – Declaration of the poll day 16.05.2016 as Public Holiday
- 4% Additional DA for TN State Government Employees from Jan 2017
- 7% DA for Tamil Nadu State Government Employees from July 2016
- Electricity Tariff to Rise Again in Tamil Nadu