Third Child Eligibility for Children Education Allowance – Railway Board issued clarification orders…
Seeking clarification on above mentioned subject, Railway Board issued orders with the latest position of this issue…
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, Dated 24.09.2014
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways &
Sub: Grant of Children Education allowance/Hostel subsidy to third child when first / second child is not in a position to go to school due to severe disability.
References have been received from Zonal Railways seeking clarification regarding admissibility of Children Education Allowance / Hostel Subsidy in respect of third child of the Railway employee when the first / second child is not in a position to go to school as he/she is born with profound mental retardation or is totally invalid and cannot even go to a school meant for the special children.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with DOP&T, the nodal Department in respect of aforesaid policy and they have intimated vide OM No.A-27012/1/2014-Estt(AL) dated 26-08-2014 that Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy shall be admissible only for the eldest two surviving children except when the number of children exceeds two as a result of second child birth resulting in twins or multiple births. Copy of DoP&T’s OM is enclosed for information and guidance of all.
3. This disposes of CORE’s letter number E/O/39 dated 05-06-2-2014 & ICF’s letter number PB/WI/Misc/2014 dated 09-06-2014 on the matter.
Director Estt. (Welfare)
- Grant of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy for Railway Employees
- Need relaxation for third child for Children Education Allowance – NFIR
- NFIR writes to the Secretary of Railway Board regarding the issues of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy
- Clarification issued by Dopt on granting of Children Education Allowance to Third Child…
- Grant of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy to Railway Employees