Indian Railway Tatkal Scheme – Tatkal Price, Tatkal Timings
Indian Railway Tatkal Price
As per the announcement made in the Railway Budget 2013-14, It has been decided to revise Tatkal Charges as given below.
The Tatkal Charges have been fixed as a percentage of fare at the rate of 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of basic fare for all other classes subject to minimum and maximum as given in the table below.
Tatkal Charges for Second Sitting
Tatkal Charges before journey starting date 24.12.2015
|Class of Travel||Minimum Tatkal Charges||Maximum Tatkal Charges|
|The second (sitting)||Rs. 10||Rs. 15|
|Sleeper||Rs. 90||Rs. 175|
|AC Chair Car||Rs. 100||Rs. 200|
|AC 3 Tier||Rs. 250||Rs. 350|
|AC 2 Tier||Rs. 300||Rs. 400|
|Executive||Rs. 300||Rs. 400|
Tatkal Charges for Second Class
Tatkal Charges applicable for journey starting from 24.12.2015 onwards
|Class of Travel||Minimum Tatkal Charges||Maximum Tatkal Charges||Minimum Distance for the charge (in Km)|
|Reserve Second sitting (2S)||Rs. 10||Rs. 15||100|
|Sleeper||Rs. 100||Rs. 200||500|
|AC Chair Car||Rs. 125||Rs. 225||250|
|AC 3 Tier||Rs. 300||Rs. 400||500|
|AC 2 Tier||Rs. 400||Rs. 500||500|
|Executive||Rs. 400||Rs. 500||250|
The above charges will be levied uniformly both in peak period & non-peak periods.
Tatkal tickets will be issued for actual distance of travel, instead of end-to-end, subject to the distance restriction applicable to the train. The same Tatkal berth/seat may be booked in multiple legs till the preparation of charts. At the time of preparation of charts, the unutilized portion may be released to the General RAC/Waiting list passengers.
The tatkal facility is also available in Executive Class of Shatabadi Express trains also, by earmarking 10% of the accommodation available i.e. 5 seats per coach.
Tatkal booking opens at 10 AM for AC Classes and 11 AM for NON-AC Classes on One day in advance the actual date of journey excluding date of journey w.e.f. of 15.06.2015 (commercial circular no: 34 of 2015).
For example, for train leaving on 6th, Tatkal Booking will Commence at 10 AM for AC Classes on 5th and at 11 AM for NON-AC Classes on 5th.
No duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued. Duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
Tatkal Booking Documents
At the time of Tatkal ticket booking no need to furnish identity proof, Only one passenger needs to produce any one of the following proof of identity in the original during the journey:-
- Voter Photo identity card issued by the Election Commission of India.
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
- Driving Licence issued by RTO.
- Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/State Government.
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students.
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with a photograph.
- Credit cards issued by banks with laminated photograph.
- Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”.
- Photo identity cards having serial numbers issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government, District Administration, Municipal bodies, and Penchant Administration.
Agents / RTSAs/Web service agents/Web agents of IRCTC are restricted from booking Tatkal tickets between 1000 hours and 1200 hours. This restriction shall be enforced through frequent inspection at the counters. The agents both web service agents and web agents shall also be restricted from booking Tatkal tickets on the internet between 1000 hours and 1200 hours.
Even for internet booking for Tatkal tickets, the passenger shall enter the identity proof type and number, which is to be used for travel. These details shall be printed on the ERS/indicated on the VRM/MRM as well as in the reservation chart.
- It will be possible to book a maximum of only four passengers per PNR for Tatkal tickets.
- The web services agents of IRCTC will be permitted to book only one Tatkal ticket per train per day on the internet.
- The facility of change of name is not permitted on the bookings made under Tatkal scheme
- TDRs are not being issued for waiting list tickets.
Tatkal Charges Refund
No refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets/duplicate tatkal ticket except in case of circumstances mentioned in para 2 of instructions contained in Commercial Circular no. 53 of 2006 issued vide letter no. 2006/TGII/ 20/P/Tatkal, dated 30.06.2006. However, full refund of fare and tatkal charges will be granted on the tickets booked under Tatkal scheme in the following circumstances:-
If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours at the journey originating point of the passenger & not the boarding point if the passenger’s journey originating point and boarding point are different.
- If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
- If the train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
- In the case of nonattachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
- If the party has been accommodated in the lower class and does not want to travel. In case the party travels in the lower class, the passenger will be given a refund of the difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges, if any.
Tatkal bookings’ charges increased from December 25
The Railways have increased the reservation charges for Tatkal tickets. The revised rates will come into effect from December 25 onwards.
According to a press release from the Railways, The maximum reservation charges for sleeper class under the Tatkal scheme has been increased from Rs.175 to Rs.200. The minimum charges have been increased from Rs.90 to Rs.100. The maximum and minimum charges will depend on the distance to be traveled.
The maximum reservation charges for A.C. Third Class has been increased from Rs.350 to Rs.400. The minimum charges have been increased from Rs.250 to Rs.300. For the Second Class A.C., the maximum Tatkal reservation charges have been increased to Rs.500. The minimum charges have been increased to Rs.400. There are no changes of rates for the Second Class Seating coaches.