One month strike from 20.08.2019 to 19.09.2019 – NJCA
Employees of Ordnance Factories will hold one month strike from 20.08.2019 to 19.09.2019
“Withdraw unilateral decision taken to corporatize the Ordnance Factories in violation of the agreement and assurance given by the Government of India”
National Joint Council of Action
4, State Entry Road, New Delhi – 110055
Dated: July 27, 2019
All Constituents of NJCA
Sub: Decision taken in the meeting of the NJCA held on 25.07.2019 in New Delhi
You all are aware that, a meeting of the NJCA was held in New Delhi on 25.07.2019 under the Chairmanship of Corn. M. Raghavaiah.
The Convener of the NJCA, Com. Shiva Gopal Mishra, while welcoming the members, explained about the situation and why meeting has been called.
The following were present in the meeting and also participated in the discussions:-
Comrades M. Raghavaiah, Shiva Gopal Mishra, S.N. Pathak, C. Srikumar, Guman Singh, Ashok Singh, R.N. Parasar, M.S. Raja, Kama! Singh, Mukesh Singh, Giriraj Singh, Virender Sharma and Ajay.
The meeting discussed the following developments which have taken place due to various policy decisions taken by the Government of India
(i) To corporatize Seven Production Units of the Railways,
(ii) To close down Printing Presses under the Railways,
(iii) To corporatize 41 Ordnance Factories under Ministry of Defence,
(iv) Outsourcing and downsizing taking place in Postal and other Central Government Departments.
After discussion, the following decisions were taken unanimously:-
1. To continuously fight anti-labour policies of the government against the Central Government Departments and its employees.
2. On the issue of corporatization of 07 Production Units of the Railways and other steps of the Railway Ministry heading towards privatization; there had been spontaneous, widespread and massive agitations all over the Indian Railways as well as Production Units.
In the Production Units; all the employees, belonging to various Federations and Associations, unitedly formed Joint Fronts and vigorously agitated against corporatization of the Railway Production Units, paving the way for privatization.
Railway Board, therefore, convened a meeting of the Recognized Federations – AIRF and NFIR with Full Board on 2nd July 2019 which was presided over by the Chairman Railway Board, wherein it was made clear to the Federations that, they (Railway Board) have simply asked M/s RITES to study and submit a report, how to improve financial and functional autonomy of the Production Units.
On receipt of the report, they would hold discussions on this issue with both the Federations, and nothing would be done without taking the Organized Labour in confidence. Keeping the above discussions in view, it has been decided to keep the rank and file in all preparedness to meet the challenges in future.
3. The NJCA will extend all solidarity and support to the strike of the employees of the Ordnance Factories in whatever manner possible, both at Delhi and other places.
4. Representation from the NJCA will be submitted to Defence Minister, requesting to withdraw the decision taken by the Government to corporatize Ordnance Factories.
5. The Chairman or Convener of the NJCA will meet Defence Minister shortly and request him to withhold the decision to corporatize the Ordnance Factories, considering past assurances given by the Government to the Federations, and to discuss the entire matter with the Federations, so that, an amicable settlement can be reached.
It has just been informed by the three federations of Defence Civilian Employees, that the employees of Ordnance Factories will hold one month strike from 20.08.2019 to 19.09.2019, in support of their single point demand – “withdraw unilateral decision taken to corporatize the Ordnance Factories in violation of the agreement and assurance given by the Government of India”.
All the Constituent Organizations are requested to extend full support to the employees of the Ordnance Factories in their united struggle to save the Indian Ordnance Factories of the Government of India.
The NJCA, in consultation with the Constituent Organizations, will issue future programme shortly and give full support to our striking comrades of different Defence Production Units.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)