Seeking Merger of DA and Oppose reduce the Retirement age – DPCC
Maken to sit on dharna
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president Ajay Maken along with a large number of party workers will sit on a daylong dharna tomorrow at Jantar Mantar seeking merger of Dearness Allowance (DA) with basic pay and also to oppose the move by the BJP-led Central Government to lower the retirement age of government employees.
DPCC chief spokesperson Sharmistha Mukherjee said party workers, government employees, teachers, pensioners and others will join Maken in the dharna to press their demand for merger of DA with basic pay and also to oppose the move to lower the retirement age of government employees.
Addressing a press conference, Mukherjee said the Congress would be seeking the merger of 100 per cent DA with basic pay, which is 113 per cent as on January 1, 2015. The Congress-led UPA II government was to take a decision on merger of DA with basic pay, but due to the announcement of the general elections, it had to be deferred.
Read more at The Tribune
- Merge DA with basic pay for central staff: Congress
- Central Govt likely to approve 7% DA to all Central Staff
- 7th pay panel: Congress slams hike as ‘inadequate’, CPI(M) finds ‘anomalies’
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement age 58 : Rumor Spreading in Social Networks
- ‘Notification On ‘7th Pay Commission’ Next Week’