Revision of interest rates for Small Savings Schemes.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 18th March, 2016
Subject: Revision of interest rates for Small Savings Schemes.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even number dated 16th February, 2016, vide which the various decisions taken by the Government regarding interest fixation for small savings schemes were communicated to all concerned.
2. On the basis of the decisions of the Government, interest rates for small savings schemes are to be notified on quarterly basis. Accordingly, the rates of interest on various small savings schemes for the first quarter of financial year 2016-17, on the basis of the interest compounding/payment built-in in the schemes, shall be as under:
|Rate of Interest W.E.F 01.04.2015 to 31.03.2016||
Rate of Interest w.e.f 01.04.2016 to 30.06.2016
|1 Year Time Deposit||8.4||7.1|
|2 Year Time Deposit||8.4||7.2|
|3 Year Time Deposit||8.4||7.4|
|5 Year Time Deposit||8.5||7.9|
|5 Year Recurring Deposit||8.4||7.4|
|5 Year Senior Citizens Savings Deposit||9.3||8.6|
|5 Year Monthly IncomeAccount scheme||8.4||7.8|
|5 Year National Savings Certificate||8.5||8.1|
|Public Provident Fund Scheme||8.7||8.1|
|Kisan Vikas Patra||8.7||7.8 (Will Mature in 110 Months)|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme||9.2||8.6|
3. The necessary notifications will be notified separately.
4. This has the approval of Secretary (Economic Affairs)
Anil Kumar Jha
Under Secretary of the Government of India
- Revision of interest rates for Small Savings Schemes – Ministry Of Finance
- Revised Interest Rates for Small Savings Schemes – Oct to Dec 2018
- Reduction of Interest Rates on Public Provident Fund
- Revision of interest rates for Small Savings Scheme
- General Provident Fund Interest Rate 8.7% for 2015-16