Request to Taxpayers to Avail Facility for Online Rectification
Income-tax Act provides the taxpayer with an option to seek rectification of mistakes apparent from record under section 154 of the Act. The e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department provides the utility for online filing and tracking of rectification requests. Taxpayers who are not satisfied with the outcome of processing of their Income Tax Return by the Centralized Processing Centre, Bengaluru can avail of the facility of online filing and tracking of rectification requests available on https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
In case of any mistake in data entry of Tax payment or TDS details, taxpayer can select the “Rectification Request Type->Taxpayer is correcting data for Tax Credit mismatch only” and the use the option of pre-filling the correct details for the relevant Assessment Year while submitting the rectification request.
In case of data entry mistake in any other Schedule or omission of any details, taxpayer can select the option “Taxpayer is correcting Data in Rectification” and the reason for seeking rectification.
In any other case taxpayer can select the option “No further Data Correction Required, Reprocess the case” where the mistake in processing may have occurred due to non-reporting of TDS by deductor etc.
A detailed user manual for filing online rectification is available at: http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/eFiling/Portal/StaticPDF/Rectifcation_Manual.pdf?0.08833787460862363.
With this utility a taxpayer can also the monitor the status of disposal of rectification request.
CPC, Bengaluru has already processed 6,53,763 online rectification requests in F.Y.2015-16 till 29th February 2016. CBDT is committed to ensuring accuracy in processing of returns and determination of refunds and seeks the active cooperation of taxpayers in ensuring correctness of data while submitting the return or rectification request.
Source: PIB News
- IT Returns early to avoid the rush closer to the last date of filing – Income Tax Department
- IT Dept Verifies Over 50 Lakh E-Filing Of ITRs
- Verification of tax-returns for Assessment Years 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012 2012-2013, 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 through EVC which are pending due to non-filing of ITR-V Form and processing of such returns
- Taxpayer may verify his return through Internet Banking or through Aadhar based authentication process
- Income Tax (IT) Department simplifies linking PAN with Aadhaar for taxpayers using Income Tax India website