Procedure for booking of air-tickets on LTC- Clarification issued by Dopt
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated: 24th September, 2014
Subject:- Procedure for booking of air-tickets on LTC- Clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the conditions laid down by this Department’s O.M. No. 31011/4/2014-Estt.(A.IV) dated 19th June, 2014, as per which the Government employees are required to book the air tickets directly from the airlines (Booking counters, website of airlines) or by utilizing the service of Authorized Travel Agents viz. ‘M/S Balmer Lawrie & Company’, ‘M/s Ashok Travels & Tours’ and ‘IRCTC’ (to the extent IRCTC is authorized as per DoPT O.M. No. 31011/6/2002-Estt.(A) dated 02.12.2009) while undertaking LTC journey(s).
2. The matter has further been reviewed and it is clarified that the web-portal of authorized travel agents, namely M/s Balmer Lawrie & Company Ltd., M/s Ashok Travels & Tours and IRCTC will also be treated as an acceptable mode for purchase of air tickets on LTC. However, booking of air tickets through web-portals of these authorized agents would also be governed by the provisions of Department of Expenditure’s O.M. No. 19024/1/2012-E-IV dated 5th September, 2014 which are as under:
(i) No feel service charges (by whatever nomenclature), which are not included in the ‘tariff’ charged by Air-India/airlines, are required to be paid to the aforementioned authorised travel agents.
(ii) As far as possible, air tickets on Government account may be obtained directly from the Air India/Airlines (booking counters/offices/websites) and if obtaining tickets directly from Air India/Airlines is not possible, should the services of authorised travel agents be availed of.
3. All Ministries/Departments are advised to bring these guidelines to the notice of all their employees.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
- Clarification for booking of air-tickets on LTC – Dopt issued on 23.9.2015
- Non Entitled Staff Travelling by Air on LTC – Claiming Train Fare – Dopt Orders on 21.8.2017
- Instructions on booking of tickets from an agency other than the authorized Travel agents
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tours – Purchase of air ticket from authorized agent
- Clarification on purchase of Air Tickets from Unauthorized Agents