PPO number should be indicated in Bank Passbook of Pensioners
Regarding marking of PPO number in the bank passbook of Pensioners/Family Pensioners
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II,BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&Tech/Bank Performance/37 (Vol-III)A/2019/18
Subject:- Regarding marking of PPO number in the bank passbook of Pensioners/Family Pensioners.
Attention is invited to this office OM No. CPAO/Tech/ Clarification / P&PW/20 14-15/426-497 dated-17.09.2014 wherein it was advised to the banks to record the PPO number in the passbook of the pensioners. This office is still receiving complaints from the pensioners that their PPO number is not being recorded by the banks in their passbook leading to problems like transfer of pension account from one bank/branch to another bank/branch, delay in commencement of family pension etc.
Therefore, Heads of all CPPCs and Govt. Business Departments are once again requested to instruct all their bank branches dealing with the pension payments to record the PPO number in all the passbooks of the pensioners/ family pensioners issued by them.
This issues with the approval of Chief Controller (Pension).
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
- Recording of PPO Number in the passbook of Pensioners / Family Pensioners: RBI’s instructions to Bank
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate
- Deficiency in providing of services by banks to sick pensioners/family Pensioner – CPAO OM
- Restoration of Commutation of Pension – reg.
- Non-issue of Pension slip by banks