One Rank One Pension For Judges
The Hon’ble Supreme court had, Inter-alia, allowed the prayer in a Writ Petition (Civil) No. 521/2002 titled as P. Ramakrishnam Raju Vs Union of India & Others vide judgment dated the 31st March, 2014 directing that “for pensionary benefits, ten years practice as an advocate be added as qualifying service for Judges elevated from the Bar with effect from the 1st April, 2004, the date on which section 13A was inserted by the High Court and Supreme Court Judges (Salaries and Conditions of Service) Amendment Act, 2005 (46 of 2005).”
In view of the above order, Government has approved appropriate amendment to the High court Judges (Salaries and Conditions of Service) Act, 1954. Accordingly, notice for introduction of “The High Court and the Supreme Court Judges (Salaries and Conditions of Service) Amendment Bill, 2015” in the current session of the Parliament has been given.
This information was given by Union Minister of Ministry of Law & Justice, Shri D. V. Sadananda Gowda in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
Source: PIB News
- 7th CPC Pay, Pension and Allowances for Judges – Cabinet Approval
- Implementation of Supreme Court’s judgement on Amendment in Rule 3(3) of All India Service (Conduct) Rules
- Implementation of Supreme Court’s judgement dated 31.10.2013 in WP(Civil) No. 82/2011 in the matter of Shri T.S. R. Subramanian & Others vs. UOI & Others
- Implementation of Reservation in Promotion for Employees
- 7th CPC Recommendations : Upgradation of GP 4200, 4600 and 4800 for the Employees of the Supreme Court