New identity cards for Physically Challenged Persons for booking railway tickets online
New ID cards for Physically Challenged Persons: Online Reservations for Railway Tickets
Plans are on to launch a new scheme under which physically-challenged persons will be given new identity cards. With these cards, they can now reserve railway tickets online. Physically-challenged persons must get in tough with the zonal manager office’s commercial department for the new identity cards.
Along with the filled and signed application, the applicant must submit photocopies of the following documents – railway concession certificate, physically handicapped identity card, birth certificate, and any one of the ten documents accepted as proof of residence, including voter’s identity card and family ration card. Also required are two passport-sized photographs. New identity cards will be issued to physically-challenged candidates on submission of the application.
With this card, they can now reserve railway tickets online. On submission of a photocopy of the card at the ticket counter, they can obtain tickets for the travel.
- Issue of Identity Cards to Central Government pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders on 12.8.2015
- Identity cards to the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) – DOP Orders dt. 17.10.2018
- Medical Identity Cards for Serving and Retired Railway Employees
- Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to Pensioners – NFIR writes to Railway Board
- Contribution for Life Time CGHS Card for Pensioners