Major amendment in Pension Rules – Great relief in embarrassing period for pensioners
Central Government taken a great decision to amend in the existing pension rules
If a Central Government employee died while in service, his family will be entitled for family pension at the rate of 50% of last drawn pay for the period of ten years. And thereafter the rate of family pension will be reduced to 30% of last pay drawn by the deceased employee.
In case of an employee has rendered a service of less than 7 years before his death, the calculation of family pension will be 30% of last drawn pay only.
The central Government has now taken a decision with mercy on the family members of deceased employee, who dies within 7 years of joining service will also be eligible for family pension at enhanced rate of 50% of last drawn pay for the period of ten years.
The above great amendment would be effective from 1.10.2019 including the personnel of CAPFs.
And also the amendment in CCS Pension Rule 54 applicable for the families in critical condition, who died before completion of service of 7 years within ten years before 1.10.2019 will also be eligible for family pension at higher rate with effect from the same date (1.10.2019).
- Retirement Benefit for CG Employees – Pension | Family Pension | Gratuity | Commutation
- Senior Citizen Entitlement of Employees
- The Fundamental (Amendment) Rules, 2017 – DoPT
- FAQ for Central Civil Services – Family Pension
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners — delinking of revised pension from qualifying service of 33 years — amendment requested