LTC to Lakshadweep Islands through SPORTS
Tour Packages Conducted by Society for Promotion of Nature Tourism and Sports (SPORTS) to Lakshadweep Islands
Admissibility of SPORTS (Society for Promotion of Nature Tourism and Sports) tour package to Lakshadweep Islands on ships operated by Lakshadweep Administration on LTC
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated: October 11 2018
Subject: Admissibility of SPORTS (Society for Promotion of Nature Tourism and Sports) tour package to Lakshadweep Islands on ships operated by Lakshadweep Administration on LTC.
The undersigned is directed to say that this Department is in receipt of references seeking clarification regarding the admissibility of journey performed by ships booked through SPORTS (Society for Promotion of Nature Tourism and Sports), Lakshadweep, for the purpose of journeys performed on LTC.
2. The matter has been considered in this Department in consultation with Department of Expenditure and UT of Lakshadweep. It has been decided that the tour pacakages conducted by SPORTS to Lakshadweep Islands on the ships owned and operated by Lakshadweep Administration shall be allowed for the purpose of LTC journey subject to the following conditions:
(i) SPORTS is offering various tour packages to the tourists, fare of which is charged as per the transportation and accommodation chosen for the destination. Only transportation charges shall be reimbursable for the respective tour package.
(ii) SPORTS shall issue a certificate for transportation charges to the Government servants indicating the fare components separately and certify that the journey was actually performed by the Government servant and his family members for which he/she is claiming the Leave Travel Concession.
(iii) Fare reimbursement for the journey performed by boat/ship shall be exercised in accordance with TA entitlement of the Government servant for journey by sea or river steamer.
3. These instructions shall take effect from the date of issue of this O.M. The LTC claims already settled will not be re-opened.
4. In their application to the staff serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, this order issues with the approval of Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
5. Hindi version will follow.
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel concession) Rules, 1988-Admissibility of catering charges in respect of rail journey performed on LTC
- Travel by Premium Trains by Central Government servants on Official Duty – Clarification
- Travelling Entitlements for Journey by Sea or by River Steamer to Defence Personnel
- Travel by Premium Trains on LTC, Official Duty, Tour, Training, Transfer – Clarification orders issued by PCAFYS
- Clarification regarding admissibility of flexi-fare in Shatabdi/Rajdhani/ Duronto trains while availing LTC