Views of Indian Audit and Accounts Department
Under LTC facility the expenses incurred on travel to visit the destination is reimbursable. Advance upto 90% of expenses on travel to visit the destination place is admissible. This amount serves as great help to the employees to undertake the journey in arranging train/air tickets. Without this advance, the employees will find it difficult to purchase train/air tickets for his family.
Besides travelling expenses, an official has to incur expenditure on account of Boarding and lodging/local travel also.
As per the recommendation of 7th CPC, officials of pay level 05 to 08 are entitled to travel by train. The travel tickets for family of four will cost more than Rs. 18000/- for a journey from Delhi to Thiruvananthapuram. Further, for level 9 and above the return tickets in economy class for the same destination i.e. Delhi to Thiruvananthapuram will cost more than Rs. 2 lakh.
A government official cannot afford such a huge amount to spent upfront for performing journey for availing home town LTC or All India LTC. Hence LTC advance is required to be continued as per extant provisions.
- DOPT : Revision of time limit for drawal of advance for the purpose of LTC journey by train
- Advance Booking of Reserved Train Tickets
- Advance reservation period for booking reserved accommodation is 60 days excluding the day of journey
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations on LTC advance and Medical Advance
- Air Travel Allowed for CG Employees on LTC from their Headquarters