Is CEA Connected with the Performance of Child?
Is Reimbursement of CEA and HS Connected with the performance of the child in his class?
As per the consolidated instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) on 16th July 2019, the answer is given below…
Today’s Discussion – Click to Read Hot Questions & Answers
The reimbursement of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy shall have no nexus with the performance of the child in his class.
In other words, even if a child fails in a particular class, the reimbursement of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy shall not he stopped.
However. if the child is admitted in the same class in another school, although the child has passed out of the same class in previous school or in the mid-session. CEA shall not be reimbursable.
The reimbursement of CEA and Hostel Subsidy will be done just once in a financial year after completion of the financial year.
Hostel subsidy is applicable only in respect of the child studying in a residential educational institution located at least 50 kilometers from the residence of the Government servant.
More orders issued by DoPT
- 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance – Procedure, Bonafide Certificate Format 2019
- How many children eligible for CEA & HS?
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy – CG Employees Should Know the Key Points
- Grant of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy for Railway Employees
- Studying through Correspondence is eligible for CEA and Hostel Subsidy?