Indian Railways Reservation-Cancellation Form (Updated Feb 2018)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 28.02.2018
1.The Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
(COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO.11 OF 2018)
Sub: Updation of Reservation/cancellation Requisition form.
Instructions were issued to Zonal Railways vide this office letter No. TC-II/2910/98/Child Fare dated 02.12.2015 (Commercial Circular no. 71 of 2015) regarding ‘Revision in the Rule 211 of IRCA Coaching Tariff No. 26 Part-I (Vol-I); Fare for Children’ wherein it was advised that in case of children of age 5 years and under 12 years of age for whom full berth/seat (in Reserved Class) is sought at the time of reservation, full adult fare for such child shall be charged. However, if berth/seat is not sought for the children of age 5 years and under 12 years of age at the time of reservation, then half of adult fare shall continue to be charged subject to minimum distance for charge.
2. In view of above, it has been decided to modify the reservation/cancellation/requisition form to include a column where passenger can mark their option for requirement of full berth/seat for child. A copy of revised reservation/cancellation/requisition form is enclosed. Necessary action may be taken accordingly under intimation to all concerned.
Director Passenger Marketing
- Ministry of Railways revises Child Fare Rule : New provision will come into effect from April, 2016
- Reimbursement of train fare on LTC in respect of children of 5-12 yrs age group – Dopt orders on 29.4.2016
- Policy on earmarking of berths on demand from IRCTC for value added tour packages
- IRCTC News – No right to claim seat on lower berth between 2200 and 0600 Hrs.
- Fare Details of Varanasi-New Delhi-Varanasi Mahamana Express