Increment On 30 June or 31 December Retirees – DoP Orders
Grant of notional annual increment due on 1st July or 1st January after superannuation for pensionary benefits – DoP Order
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan. Sansad Marg,
New Delhi 110 001.
10th January. 2019.
Sub : Grant of (notional) annual increment due on 1st July or 1st January after superannuation for calculating pensionary benefits – Regarding
The undersigned is directed to forward herewith a copy of representation dated 04-12-2018 along with its enclosures received from Shri R. Ganesan. Secretary. Department of Posts (Retd.) & President. India Posts’ Retired Officers’ Association (IPROA) requesting to consider grant of notional annual increment due on 1st July or 1st January after superannuation in case of officials retiring on 30th June or 31st December after completion of one full year service, for calculating pensionary benefits. The request has been made on the basis of an order dated 15-09-2017 passed by Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Madras in Writ Petition No. 15732/2017 in the matter of Shri P. Ayyumperumal. wherein the High Court had directed that the petitioner shall be given one notional increment for the period of one full year’s service from the date of his last increment till the date he retired 30th June next year for the purpose of pensionary benefits. The appeal preferred by UOI by way of filing SLP Civil Dy. No. 22283/2018 challenging the High Court order was dismissed by Hon’ble Supreme Court. vide order dated 23-07-2018
2. The issue raised in the representation does not come under the purview of Department of Post. Therefore, the representation Is being forwarded to the nodal Ministry (Department of Expenditure) for their consideration and appropriate action.
Asstt. Director General (Pension)
Source : Confederation
- Increment issue for those who retired or retiring on 30th June
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Anomaly : Increment to those who have completed one year service on the date of superannuation
- NC JCM insists to grant of Increment for those who have completed one year on the day of superannuation
- Increment issues – Why is Annual Increment denied to employees retiring in June?
- 7th CPC Increment – May recommend Jan 1, July 1 as Annual Increment days