Increment issue to those retiring on 30th June – SLP dismissed by Supreme Court
Increment issue for those who retired or retiring on 30th June – Review Petition filed by the Government of India dismissed by the Suprement Court on 8th August, 2019.
Central Government employees are eligible to grant annual increment on 1st July of every year after 12 months completion of service. In case of an employee retired on 31st June, even though he has completed full year of service from 1st July to 31st June, he is not entitled for annual increment.
Grant of one notional increment for the purpose of pensionary benefits to retirees those who retired on 30th June. This is the essence of this case.
Supreme Court dismissed the review petition 1731/2019 filed by the Government based on the merit of case.
- Increment On 30 June or 31 December Retirees – DoP Orders
- Increment issues – Why is Annual Increment denied to employees retiring in June?
- Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to the employees who retired before 1.1.2006
- Enhanced DA after Retirement on 30th June and 31st December to be considered for Retirement Benefits
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders Mar 2015