Holidays – Public Holiday – General Elections to Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly 2016 – Declaration of the poll day 16.05.2016 as Public Holiday – Notified
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU 2016
Holidays – Public Holiday – General Elections to Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly 2016 – Declaration of the poll day 16.05.2016 as Public Holiday – Notified.
PUBLIC (MISCELLANEOUS) DEPARTMENT
Tiruvalluvar Andu 2047
The Election Commission of India has notified 16.05.2016 (Monday) as the poll day for the General Elections to Legislative Assembly 2016, in Tamil Nadu. 16.05.2016 (Monday) has to be declared as public holiday under Section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Central Act XXVI of 1881).
2. The following Notification shall be published in an extra-ordinary issue of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette dated 22.04.2016.
Under the “Explanation” to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Central Act XXVI of 1881) read with the Notification of the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs No. 20-25-26 Public-I, dated the 8th June 1957, the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby declares Monday, the 16th May 2016, the date on which the poll for the General Elections to Legislative Assembly, 2016 will take place in Tamil Nadu, to be a public holiday.
(By Order of the Governor)
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
- Tamil Nadu Govt Holiday List 2019 – G.O.Ms No.840 Dt. 29.10.2018
- General Election to Lok Sabha and Legislative Assemblies – Ban on Exit Poll
- Ban on Conducting any Exit Poll and Publishing Result of Exit Poll – ECI
- Grant of Paid Holiday on the Day of Poll – DoPT Orders
- Election Holidays – Grant of Paid Holiday – Dopt Orders on 2.11.2018