Goa Public Holidays 2016
List of Public Holidays, Special Holidays, Restricted Holidays, Commercial and Industrial Holidays and Bank Holidays in the national Capital Territory of Goa During the year 2016. We here reproduced the official order and given below for your information
Government of GOA
General Administration Department
Secretariat, Porvorim, GOA – 403 521
TEL – 0832 2419784
FAX – 0832 2419753
The Government of Goa is pleased to direct that the days specified in the Annexure-I shall be observed as Public Holidays and the days specified in the Annexure-II as Special Holidays in all Government Offices in the State of Goa during the year 2016 (Saka 1937-1938). All Government Offices will be functional on Special Holidays except if the Special Holidays occur on Saturday or Sunday.
2. In addition to the Holidays specified in Annexure-I and Annexure-II, employees are permitted to avail of any two holidays from the list of Restricted Holidays specified in Annexure-III.
3. The Government is also pleased to declare Commercial and Industrial Holidays for the Commercial and Industrail Workers in Goa as specified in Annexure-IV.
4. Further, in exercise of the power conferred under explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881 (Act 26 of 1881) read with Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi, vide Notification No.U.11030/2/73-UTL dated 28/6/1973, the Government of Goa is also pleased the days specified in Annexure-V as Bank Holidays in the State of Goa.
By Order and in the name of the Governer of Goa
Under Secretary (GA-I)
- Compulsory Holidays and Restricted Holidays for Central Government administrative offices
- Holidays for Central Government Employees during 2020
- Holidays for Central Government Offices 2018
- Pongal Holiday is not in the List of Compulsory Holidays 2017
- Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the year 2016 – Dopt Orders on 11.6.2015