Facility of I-Ticket For Defence Personnel
The facility of i-ticketing has been extended to defence personnel wherein tickets are booked online by the Defence Units on the Defence Travel System through Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC) website and i-ticket can be collected by the defence personnel from any Computerised Passenger Reservation System (PRS) counter of Indian Railways by submitting the authority for collection of i-ticket along with a photocopy of any one of the prescribed proofs of identity allowed for undertaking journey on e-tickets.
If some other person collects the ticket on behalf of defence personnel, then he/she must produce any one of the prescribed proofs of identity in original to establish his/her identity, alongwith photocopy of any one of the prescribed proofs of identity of defence personnel.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha on 18.12.2015 (Friday).
Source: PIB News
- Tatkal Booking – No need to produce photocopy of identity card
- m-Aadhar – Proof of Identity for Rail Travel
- Railway platform ticket is going increase twofold from 1.4.2015
- Charges against the Ticket Checking Staff – AIRF
- Railway Board issued orders on printing of All India Helpline Number 138 and Security Helpline No.182 on the Ticket