Exemption from payment of examination and application fee for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – Dopt order
Exemption from payment of examination fee and application fee in respect of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities. -reg.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: August 23, 2019
Subject: Exemption from payment of examination fee and application fee in respect of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities. -reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that in a w.P. (Civil) No. 521/2008 with Civil Appeal No. 5389/2016, the Hon’ble Supreme Court, vide Judgment, dated 30.06.2016, inter alia, declared the Office Memorandum No. 36035/3/2004 – Estt.(Res) dated 29.12.2005, as illegal and inconsistence with the Persons with Disability (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995. This OM, among other, contained a provision for exemption from payment of application fee and examination fee in respect of Persons with Disabilities.
2. Thereafter, with the enactment of ‘THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016’ and issue of notification titled ‘THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES RULES, 2017’, this Department has issued an Office Memorandum No. 36035/2/2017-Estt.(Res), dated 15.01.2018, regarding reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, in the posts and services of the Central Government.
The said Office Memorandum dated 15.01.2018, however, does not contain any provision for exemption from payment of examination and application fee in respect of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities.
3. The issue has been deliberated upon at length in the Department and it has, now, been decided that the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities shall continue to be exempted from payment of application fee and examination fee, prescribed in respect of competitive examinations held by the Staff Selection Commission, the Union Public Service Commission, etc. for recruitment to various posts.
This exemption shall be available only to such persons who would otherwise be eligible for appointment to the post on the basis of standards of medical fitness prescribed for that post (including any concession specifically extended to the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities) and who enclose with the application form, necessary certificate from a competent authority in support of their claim of disability.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- Committee for Benchmark Feasibility Prescribed in Rights of Persons with Disabilities – DoP
- Quota in jobs for persons with disability
- Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – Suggestions
- FAQ on reservations for disabled persons in Central Government posts / services
- Exemption from Routine Exercise of Rotational Transfer – DoPT Orders