EPFO – Settle Death claims within 7 days
Field offices of EPFO directed to settle claims in cases of deaths within seven days of receipt of such claims
The field offices of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) have been directed to settle claims in cases of deaths within seven days of receipt of such claims. As per paragraph 72(7) of the Employees’ Provident Funds (EPF) Scheme, 1952, the claim complete in all respects submitted along with the requisite documents shall be settled and benefit amount paid to the beneficiaries within 20 days from the date of its receipt by the Commissioner.
Public Relations Officer and officials in the Facilitation Centres of EPFO have been instructed to scrutinise the claim forms received in respect of death cases and guide the claimants for submission of all required documents in one go only. An official has been specially earmarked to handle such claims. Regional Provident Fund Commissioners have been directed to personally monitor the death cases on day-to-day basis.
This information was given by Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State (IC) for Labour and Employment, in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
- Death Claims to be Processed within 07 Days and Retirement Claims to be Settled on the Day of Retirement
- Mismatch of dates of birth and names of pensioners etc. Release of Jeevan Pramaan
- Relaxation in EPFO scheme
- Minimum wage ceiling under the EPF could soon be raised to Rs 25,000
- Aadhaar linking and interoperability of GPF, PPF and EPF