Dynamic Fare System
At present, there is no proposal to extend the concept of dynamic fare/variable fare system on all types of trains. However, over and above the regular time tabled trains, the concept of Suvidha/Premium Special trains with variable/dynamic fares have already been introduced. Besides this, with effect from 01.10.2014, in some of the selected trains identified by Zonal Railways which are most in demand, 50% of the existing accommodation under tatkal Quota has been earmarked as Premium Tatkal Quota and is being booked on dynamic pricing.
Indian Railways caters to various segments of the travelling public and accordingly operates different types of services like suburban services, passenger services and Mail/Express services, which include Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto, Yuva and Garib Rath services etc. Running of Suvidha Trains (earlier, premium trains) during peak seasons do not displace these regular services but complement them by providing a facility for travel at short notice by paying higher fares. The passengers have the option of travelling in regular Mail/Express and Passenger trains by paying the normal fare.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha on 18.12.2015 (Friday).
- ‘Premium Tatkal Ticket’ scheme – 50% of the existing tatkal quota ticket shall be sold under dynamic fare scheme
- Flexi fare in Premium Trains
- Railways Decide to Run Suvidha Trains – These Trains will Run at Dynamic Fare System
- Review of Flexi Fare System in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains
- Fare Details of Varanasi-New Delhi-Varanasi Mahamana Express