Details of Human Causalities that took place in Suburban Railways
The details of human causalities that took place in Suburban Railways, during the last three years and the current year (Upto June), metro-wise are as under:
The reasons for death on railway tracks are as follows:
1. Illegal trespassing and crossing of railway tracks.
2. Negligently crossing railway tracks.
3. Forcibly crossing manned level crossing gates, violating the safety & caution instructions published through print and electronic media and announcement made
through PA system.
4. Crossing multiple railway tracks while using mobile phones and other electronic gadgets.
5. Not using Foot Over Bridge and Road Over Bridge and other means provided by Railways to cross the tracks and change over to platforms by passengers in hurry.
6. Committing suicide on railway tracks.
7. Falling from trains while travelling on foot boards, steps and roofs of the trains etc.
The following measures are taken by the Railways to prevent such incidents:
1. Regular announcements are made through Public Address systems at important railway stations urging the passengers to use foot-over bridges and to avoid crossing
the railway tracks.
2. Various passengers awareness programmes are being organized to create awareness amongst general public about the fatalities of crossing Railway Tracks
3. Unauthorized trespassing on railway premises including the railway track, travelling on footboard, steps and roof of the trains are punishable offences under the Railways Act and regular drives are conducted against unauthorized trespassing on railway premises as well as railway tracks, travelling on footboard, steps and roof of the trains.
First Aid Boxes are available at all the railway stations including Sub-urban railway stations of metro cities. Further, all passenger carrying trains are provided with First Aid boxes containing essential drugs and dressing materials. In addition, Augmented First Aid Boxes with wide range of medicines, disposable medical materials, etc. have been provided with Train Superintendents of Rajdhani/Shatabdi Express trains and Guards of other nominated trains. The front line staff deployed on trains is trained in rendering First Aid. Trains can also make unscheduled halts, if necessary, at the stations en-route in emergencies. Railwaydoctors at major stations are available on call basis. The Station Masters have details of doctors, clinics & hospitals, both Government and Private, in the vicinityof the station, so that their services could also be availed, in emergencies. Ambulance services of State Government are utilized when required.
First Aid facilities are already available in all passenger carrying trains including Sub-urban trains and stations of metro cities.