Demanding 35% as against offered 14.29% by 7th CPC – Railway Employees Unions
Strike by Railway Employees
The below information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in reply to an unstarred question in the Lok Sabha on 24th February 2016.
The two recognized Railway staff Federations have not given any notice so far, for going on strike. However they have informed that Strike Notice may be served on 11th March, 2016 for ‘Indefinite Strike’ from 11th April, 2016 in case there is no negotiated settlement on the Charter of Demands by that time. The Charter of Demands, amongst various issues, include the items mentioned in the question.
On the Railways, there is well established system of Permanent Negotiating Machinery (PNM) and Departmental Council under the Joint Consultative Machinery (JCM) with the recognized Unions/ Federations. Regular dialogue with the organized labour is maintained through these fora to sort out staff grievances. The Permanent Negotiating Machinery functions at three tiers – Divisional level, Zonal Headquarter level and Apex level at Railway Board. Departmental Council under JCM functions at the Apex level at Railway Board. Further, recognized Unions/Federations are also members of the Group on Participation of Railway Employees in Management (PREM).
- Joint Consultative Machinery – GOI decisions (O.M. No. 1/2/64-JCA, dated 14-1-1964).
- 7th Pay Commission News – Serving of Strike notice by Unions affiliated to INDWF on behalf of all Defence Workers – Indefinite Strike starts from 11th July 2016
- Conduct massive dharnas on 26 Point Charter of demands of NJCA – NFIR
- Decisions taken in the Joint Meeting of the three recognized Federations AIDEF, INDWF & BPMS
- FIVE LAKHS CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES MARCH TO PARLIAMENT ON 28.4.2015