Clarification on purchase of Air Tickets from Unauthorized Agents
The Secretary, OFB, ID-A, S.K. Bose Rd, Kol-01
All Sr. General Managers/All General Managers
Ordnance/ Equipments Factories.
All Group controllers & Branch AOs
Sub: Clarification on purchase of Air Tickets from unauthorized agents for non- entitled officials to travel by air
Kindly refer to DoP&T letter No.31011/3/2015-Estt(A.lV) dated 18/02/2016 wherein it is mentioned under points 14 & 15 that Govt employees not entitled to travel by air, may travel by any airline. However, reimbursement in such cases shall be restricted to the fare of their entitled class of train/transport or actual expense, whichever is less. In all cases whenever a Govt servant claims LTC by air, he/she is required to book the air tickets either directly through the airlines or through the approved travel agencies viz M/s Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd/ M/s Ashok Tours & Travels Ltd/ IRCTC. Booking of tickets through any other agency is not permissible.
This is for your information, guidance and necessary action please.
- Procedure for booking of air-tickets on LTC- Clarification issued by Dopt
- Clarification for booking of air-tickets on LTC – Dopt issued on 23.9.2015
- Non Entitled Staff Travelling by Air on LTC – Claiming Train Fare – Dopt Orders on 21.8.2017
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Government Expenses-Purchase of Tickets from Authorised Agent
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tours – Purchase of air ticket from authorized agent