Children Education Allowance for Central Government Employees – Annual Ceiling and Details of Admissible Institutions
While answering to a question in Parliament on 18.7.2014, Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley said in a written form regarding the details of Children Education Allowance that it has been informed by the Department of Personnel and Training that the annual ceiling limit for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance (CEA) is 18,000/- per child. The Hostel Subsidy shall be 4,500/- per month per child.
The annual ceiling for reimbursement of CEA for disabled children of Government employees is 36,000/- per annum per child and the rates of Hostel Subsidy for disabled children of Government employees is 9,000/- per child per month.
These revisions are applicable with effect from 1st January, 2014.
The reimbursement is admissible for the children studying in institutions affiliated to any Board or recognised institution, whether in receipt of Government aid or not, recognised by the Central or State Government or Union Territory Administration or by University or a recognised educational authority having jurisdiction over the area where the institution is situated.
- Children Education Allowance for Central Government Employees – An Overview
- Grant of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy for Railway Employees
- 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance – Orders, Circulars and Clarifications
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy – CG Employees Should Know the Key Points