Cabinet approved 6% DA and DR for Central Govt Employees and Pensioners from Jan 2016
Release of additional instalment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Pensioners due from 1.1.2016
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved release of an additional instalment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to Pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2016. This represents an increase of 6 percent over the existing rate of 119 percent of the Basic Pay/Pension, to compensate for price rise.
This will benefit about 50 lakh Government employees and 58 lakh pensioners.
The increase is in accordance with the accepted formula, which is based on the recommendations of the 6th Central Pay Commission (CPC). The combined impact on the exchequer on account of both Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief would be of Rs. 6796.50 crore per annum and Rs.7929.24 crore respectively, in the financial year 2016-17 (for a period of 14 months from January, 2016 to February, 2017).
Source: PIB News
- 2% Additional DA from July 2018 Cabinet Approved Today
- 5% DA to CG Employees and Pensioners from July 2017 – 1% Additional DA Approved by Cabinet
- Cabinet approved 2% DA to CG Employees
- Central Govt declared 2% DA to CG Employees and Pensioners from July 2016
- Central declared 6% DA to CG Staff and Pensioners