Bonanza for Haryana staff, retirement age hiked
In a bid to beat anti-incumbency ahead of the Assembly elections in Haryana, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today unveiled a bonanza for the state government employees, which includes raising the retirement age from 58 to 60 years and 25 per cent hike in DA and full pension after 20 years’ service.
Hooda’s announcement came after he met representatives of the Haryana Karamchari Mahasangh and Sarv Karamchari Sangh a day before the state Cabinet meet.
The CM’s announcement is being seen as another step to woo employees, who had been on warpath for several years.
“Fearing defeat in the upcoming elections, Hooda is desperately announcing populist decisions despite knowing that they cannot be implemented before the Assembly elections,” BJP president Ram Bilas Sharma said.
Hooda said after 58 years of service, an employee would be asked whether he wanted to continue or retire and full pension would be paid after one completes 20 years of service instead of 28 years at present. “This will be effective with prospective effect from the date of notification,” he said. He said a pay commission would be constituted to address “anomalies and deviations” that might have occurred while implementing the recommendations of the 6th Pay Commission.
A policy dated June 18 regarding regularisation of employees will also be made applicable to the ad hoc and daily wage employees who are similarly placed as contractual employees specified in the notification.
It was also decided that the demand for revising pay scales of CDPO and supervisors would be looked into by a committee headed by the Chief Secretary within three days. The state government also liberalised the policy for grant of advance for medical treatment as well as for reimbursement of medical bills. The policy would be circulated in all departments within three days for prompt implementation. Hooda said the state government had also decided in principle to end the contract system.
Hooda woos govt employees ahead of polls
* Dearness allowance increased by 25%
* Full pension to employees after 20 years of service
* 6th Pay Commission ‘anomalies’ to be addressed
* Govt decides in principle to end contract system
Source : The Tribune
- One rank one pension scheme before next Budget – Defence Minister
- Pre-2006 Pensioners with less than 33 years service – Check with the Table
- Hike in Retirement age – 10th Pay Revision Commission may recommend to hike to 58 years
- Haryana Govt Employees DA – 2% Increased from July 2018
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement age 58 : Rumor Spreading in Social Networks