Automatic Refund of Confirmed/ RAC E-Tickets on Cancellation of Trains
Ministry of Railways have decided to grant automatic refund of Confirmed/RAC e-tickets on cancellation of trains similar to waitlisted e-tickets. There shall not be any requirement for cancellation/filing of TDR for refund of e-tickets in case of cancellation of trains. This will become effective very shortly.
In case of cancellation of trains, PRS counter ticket shall continue to be refunded across the reservation counter as per the existing provisions.
Source: PIB News
- New Rules for Cancellation and Refund of Railway Tickets
- Revision in the procedure of cancellation and refund of value of Rs.10,000/- and above for the PRS counter tickets booked from 09.11.2016 to 11.11.2016
- Counter Ticket Cancellation Procedure – IRCTC
- Procedure for Refund/Cancellation of PRS and UTS tickets Booked through PoS Machine
- Railway Ticket Refund of Rs.5000 and above against only PAN, Aadhar and Details of Bank Account – SR