Amendment in Tatkal Scheme – Timings for Booking Staggered for AC and non AC Classes
At present, the booking under Tatkal scheme opens at 10.00 hrs on the previous day of journey from train originating station. It has been decided that w.e.f. 15.06.2015, timings for booking of Tatkal tickets will be staggered for AC & non-AC classes to 1000 hours onwards and 1100 hours onwards respectively. Hence, now the reservation under Tatkal scheme will open at 1000 hours on the previous day of journey from train originating station for AC classes whereas that for non-AC classes will start at 1100 hours on the previous day of journey from train originating station.
Moreover, all types of ticketing agents (YTSK, RTSAs, IRCTC agents, etc.) will now be debarred from booking tickets during the first thirty minutes of opening of booking i.e. from 0800 to 0830 hours for general bookings, and from 1000 to 1030 hours & 1100 to 1130 hours for Tatkal booking in AC & non-AC classes respectively.
- Tatkal Booking Timings Change – Online Booking Passengers Pleased
- Tatkal Ticket Booking Timings and Charges
- Advance Booking of Reserved Train Tickets
- Advance reservation period for booking reserved accommodation is 60 days excluding the day of journey
- Change in timings for booking train tickets through internet – Railway Board Orders on 18.9.2015