“Advances for Medical Treatment, Travelling Allowance for family of deceased, Travelling Allowance on tour or transfer and Leave Travel Concession shall be retained”
Grant of advances – Seventh Pay Commission recommendations – Amendment to Rules of Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, 7th October, 2016
Subject: Grant of advances – Seventh Pay Commission recommendations – Amendment to Rules of Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants.
The undersigned is directed to say that in pursuance of the decision taken by the Government on the Seventh Pay Commission’s recommendations relating to advances, all the interest free advances stand discontinued as per attached annexure, with the exception that the interest free Advances for Medical Treatment, Travelling Allowance for family of deceased, Travelling Allowance on tour or transfer and Leave Travel Concession shall be retained.
2. In addition, the advance for training in Hindi through Correspondence Course, which is not mentioned in the Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants, also stands abolished in pursuance of the decision of Government on 7th CPC recommendations.
3. These orders will take effect from the date of issue of this O.M. The cases where the advances have already been sanctioned need not be reopened.
4. In so far as persons serving in Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
5. All Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the amendments to the notice of all its attached and subordinate offices for their information.
Hindi version of this O.M. is enclosed.
AMENDMENTS TO COMPENDIUM OF RULES ON ADVANCES TO GOVERNMENT SERVANTS, 2005
S.No. / Name of Advance / GoI Decision on 7th CPC recommendations
1. Bicycle Advance – Abolished
2. Warm Clothing Advance – Abolished
3. Advance of Pay on Transfer – Abolished
4. Festival Advance – Abolished
5. Natural Calamity Advance – Abolished
6. Advance of Leave Salary – Abolished
7. Advance for Law Suits – Abolished
- Personal Computer Advance for all Central Government Employees – Finmin Orders on 7th October, 2016
- 7th CPC Advance: Government Servants who die while in Service
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations on LTC advance and Medical Advance
- Abolition of Advance of Leave Salary as per 7th CPC Recommendations
- Grant of Advances- Seventh Central Pay Commission recommendations-Amendment to rules on Computer Advance to Railway servants.