Advance reservation period for booking reserved accommodation is 60 days excluding the day of journey
PASSENGER TRAFFIC AND TICKET AVAILABILITY
Indian Railways have a route length of about 65,436 kilometres. On an average, about 23 million passengers commute across Indian Railways daily. The passenger traffic on different routes varies from season to season, day to day and train to train.
The advance reservation period for booking reserved accommodation is 60 days excluding the day of journey. In case of certain day time express trains, shorter time limits are prescribed. In case of Tatkal tickets, the booking opens at 1000 hours on the previous day of journey from the train originating station.
In case of unreserved tickets involving journey upto 200 kilometres, the tickets can be booked on the same day whereas tickets involving journey of more than 200 kilometres can be booked up to three days in advance excluding the day of journey.
Premium trains with dynamic pricing have been introduced during the Holi and summer rush with shorter advance reservation periods of up to 15 days.
- Advance Booking of Reserved Train Tickets
- DOPT : Revision of time limit for drawal of advance for the purpose of LTC journey by train
- LTC advance – 65 days before the proposed date of outward journey
- Cancellation of trains – Information through SMS to passengers
- Railways Decide to Run Suvidha Trains – These Trains will Run at Dynamic Fare System