Abolishment of the practice of interview for Group B and C posts
The Central Government has decided to dispense with the interview for all Group ‘C’ and non-gazetted Group ‘B’ category in Central Government by 31.12.2015. If a Department considers interview absolutely necessary for any specific posts, then clearance of Department of Personnel & Training is necessary.
Further, the State Governments have also been requested on 4th September 2015 and 29th September, 2015 to undertake similar exercise in respective States in consultation with State Public Service Commissions or other agencies involved in the recruitment for junior level posts. This issue was also deliberated during a meeting held on 8th September, 2015 and in a one day workshop organized on 16th November, 2015 in which the State Secretaries of Personnel/General Administration Department were invited.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Anil Desai in the Rajya Sabha today.
- No recruitment with interview at the junior level posts from 1.1.2016
- Discontinuation of interview for Junior Level Posts in the Government
- 18 States and 7 UTs have discontinued the practice of interview in recruitment
- Discontinuation of interview for recruitment to Non-Executive posts in CPSEs-reg
- Discontinuation of interview, for recruitment to Non-Executive posts in CPSEs – Dopt orders on 14.12.2015