Aadhaar Must for Booking Online Train Tickets – How to enable?
The Indian Railways is planning to move further Aadhaar based train ticket booking system through online to prevent touts. Now, IRCTC requested to all passengers who are all registered with this portal, entry their passenger detail with Aadhaar number.
Aadhaar verification is going to be mandatory to avail Senior Citizen concession in Railway booking soon, Please provide Aadhaar ID to add and verify Senior Citizen Passenger details through IRCTC Web portal. You can add the passengers list with Aadhaar number. Aadhaar verification is available only for Senior Citizens and not for all.
How to enable Aadhaar Authentication Service for Senior Citizen Passengers through IRCTC.
Steps to Authenticate Aadhaar Details
1. Login using your IRCTC User ID and Password on IRCTC eTicketing website.
2. Click “Master List” link under “My Profile” menu.
3. While adding new senior citizen passengers in the Master list, provide correct and complete details i.e. Name, Date of Birth, Gender as mentioned in the Aadhaar Card. Thereafter, select Senior Citizen concession option as Yes/No, ID card type as Aadhaar ID and provide Aadhaar number.
4. Ensure that correct details as per Aadhaar Card have been submitted.
5. Click on “Add Passenger” button to Add Senior Citizen passenger and authenticate Aadhaar details.
6. Passengers will be added in the Master list with Verification Status as “Pending”.
7. To check the verification status of Aadhaar details, use “Click here to check pending Aadhaar verification status” option provided in the section.
8. Verification status of Senior Citizen passengers who have authenticated their Aadhaar details successfully will be “Verified” and for failed authentications verification status will “Not Verified”.
9. Senior Citizen passengers already available in the Master list without Aadhaar verification can also be verified by using “Edit” option and submitting complete details including Aadhaar number.
Steps to Select Aadhaar verified Senior Citizen passengers during Ticketing Booking
1. After successful verification of Aadhaar details, Senior Citizen passengers can be selected from Master List and added to the Passenger Details while booking ticket.
2. To add Aadhaar verified Senior Citizen passengers in the Passenger details page, use “Select Passenger From Your Master List” link. A pop up with complete details of Passengers in the Master List will be displayed. Passengers selected from this page will be added to the Passenger entry form.
Source: 90Paisa Blog