Seventh Pay Commission likely to submit report in October 2015
The government appointed the Seventh Pay Commission on 28 February 2014 under chairman justice Ashok Kumar Mathur with a timeline of 18 months to make its recommendations. Though the deadline for submitting the report ends in August this year, the SPC is likely to seek extension till October.
The Sixth Pay Commission which was constituted in October 2006 had submitted its report in March 2008.
As a result of the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission, pay and allowances of the Union government employees more than doubled between 2007-08 and 2011-12—from Rs.74,647 crore to Rs.166,792 crore, according to the Fourteenth Finance Commission estimates.
Source : Livemint
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations likely this year : Jaitley
- 7th Pay Commission – Cabinet likely to decide central government employees’ allowances this week
- An analysis of extending the term of 7th Pay Commission – GServants
- Mixed Responses when Sixth pay commission report submitted to Finance Minister
- Allowance Committee not yet submitted its report to Govt – Minister replied in Parliament